1. Young persons, 16 and under, must be accompanied by an adult at all times while on the water.
2. Kayaks are not to be used during the hours of darkness.
3. Water and alcohol do not mix (apart from in a glass). No one in charge of a kayak should be under the influence of drink or drugs. We will refuse hire to anyone we believe to be intoxicated. Hire will be revoked during your hire period if you become intoxicated, with no refund.
4. The supplied buoyancy aid(s) must be worn at all times when you or any of your party is on the water. Keep the paddle leash attached to you or the kayak at all times when on the water.
5. No kayak is to be paddled farther than 150 metres off shore.
6. All users must be suitably experienced or competent, and confident in their abilities to navigate the kayak.
7. No person is permitted to be towed by a boat while sat in a kayak, save for the purposes of rescue only.
8. At no time should anyone behave in a reckless manner likely to put their own or other lives in danger. Hire will be revoked in cases of dangerous behaviour, with no refund (CCTV is in operation).
9. Give way to other vessels. Keep away from boats on moorings or at anchor. You may cause damage if you get too close and / or disturb people on board.
10. Observe any reasonable instruction given by the Harbour Master, his officials or other bone fide authority.
11. Some form of identification must be provided with name and address details.
12. St Mawes Sit-on Kayaks will not be liable for damage to other vessels caused by the hirer. It is the hirer’s responsibility to take every reasonable care and therefore avoid any third party claim. Any claim arising from negligence by the hirer, St Mawes Sit-on Kayaks will seek to claim the policy excess from the hirer. This is currently £100 / claim. Damage caused to the boats(s) and equipment or loss of any supplied item must be paid for.
Do not be afraid to ask advice on any of the above or anything else you may think of.
ABOVE ALL ENJOY, BE SAFE AND HAVE FUN!